PIOMAS ARCTIC SEA ICE VOLUME 1979-2020
Graph: Jim Pettit (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- This graph shows PIOMAS Arctic sea ice volume (SIV) from January 1979
to the latest monthly update.
- Daily SIV values were averaged over sequential and non-overlapping
one-month periods for smoothing purposes.
- The vertical axis shows SIV in cubic kilometers (km3).
- Years are shown along one horizontal axis, with the earliest
year (1979) at one end, and the current (or most recent)
year at the other.
- The other axis shows the months of the year, numbered 1 (January)
at one end, through 12 (December) at the other.
- Cooler colors—greens and blues—indicate
greater volumes of ice, while warmer colors—yellows,
oranges, and reds—indicate lesser volumes.
- Click and hold your mouse to move the graph in 3D space.
- Use your mouse's scroll wheel to zoom into and out of the graph.
not working well for you, please consider upgrading your browser.
CLICK TO CLOSE (X)