PIOMAS ARCTIC SEA ICE VOLUME 1979-2020
MONTHLY AVERAGES AS A PERCENTAGE OF 1979 VALUES
Graph: Jim Pettit (email@example.com)
- This graph shows monthly average PIOMAS Arctic sea
ice volume (SIV) from January 1979 to the latest monthly update
as a percentage of the 1979 value for that month.
- Daily SIV values were averaged over sequential and non-overlapping
one-month periods for smoothing purposes.
- The vertical axis shows the percentage of 1979's
- Years are shown along one horizontal axis, with the earliest
year (1979) at one end, and the current (or most recent)
year at the other.
- The other axis shows the months of the year, numbered 1 (January)
at one end, through 12 (December) at the other.
- Cooler colors—greens and blues—indicate
higher monthly percentages, while warmer colors—yellows,
oranges, and reds—indicate lower percentages.
- Click and hold your mouse to move the graph in 3D space.
- Use your mouse's scroll wheel to zoom into and out of the graph.
not working well for you, please consider upgrading your browser.
CLICK TO CLOSE (X)