PIOMAS ARCTIC SEA ICE VOLUME 1979-2020
Graph: Jim Pettit (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- This graph shows PIOMAS Arctic sea ice volume (SIV) from January 1979
through the latest monthly update.
- Each year in the record comprises one complete circuit.
- Daily SIV values were averaged over sequential and non-overlapping
seven-day periods for smoothing purposes. (Each complete
circuit is actually comprised of 51 separate week-long line segments, plus
a single eight-day segment to equal 365 days.)
- The vertical axis shows the years in the record, with
the earliest year (1979) at the top and the current (or most recent)
year at the bottom.
- The grey circles on the base reflect SIV in thousands of
cubic kilometers (km3).
- Click and hold your mouse to move the graph in 3D space.
- Use your mouse's scroll wheel to zoom into and out of the graph.
not working well for you, please consider upgrading your browser.
CLICK TO CLOSE (X)